Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ingredient Spotlight: Olive


Whenever summertime comes, I always think back to the time I've spent in Italy.  Early mornings in NYC especially take me right back to Rome and my early morning commutes through Trastevere to school--stepping out of the way on narrow streets to let the cars, trucks, and scooters pass; ducking into a pasticceria for a brioche, dolce or salata (depending on my mood)

When I get to feeling this way, I love anything that brings back more of these wonderful memories.  And what better way to get a little bit of Italy in your life than to infuse your beauty routine with olive oil, the secret to a perfect mediterranean glow?

Some of my favorite olive-infused products for summer are:




- Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes mascara (contains olive esters for long lasting, soft volume and length!) 

- Korres Olive & Rye skincare regimen (to firm and restructure dry / mature skin)

Don't forget that regular extra virgin olive oil from your grocery store can work beauty wonders--mix with sugar to create your own body exfoliator; use it as a deep conditioning treatment for hair; makes a great cuticle moisturizer; a drop of warm olive oil in the ear (really!) is my foolproof earache cure.  

Buon divertimento!

No comments: